Monday, January 28, 2008

January, Month of Empty Pockets!

"January, month of empty pockets! Let us endure this evil month, anxious as a theatrical producer's forehead." -- Sidonie Gabrielle Colette

For those of you who aren’t familiar with Sidonie Gabrielle Colette, she was a French novelist, who wrote, among other things, Gigi, which became a Broadway play. Click HERE to read more about her. This woman led a very interesting life.

But I’m getting sidetracked...

How many of you are suffering from 'empty pocket' syndrome?
*raising my hand high and waving it madly*

How many of you are dreading receiving your credit card bill?
*raising my hand high and waving it madly*

How many of you have a significant other who doesn’t know how much that credit card bill is going to be?
Thankfully, I don’t fall into that category this year, but only because I forced my husband to go Christmas shopping with me, which is not something he normally does.

No comments: