Monday, November 24, 2008

The Newest Member Of Our Family

On my first birthday my grandparents gave me a puppy (although, I honestly don't know what in the world they thought a one-year-old needed with a puppy). He died when I was sixteen. I cried for an entire month. I have refused to have another dog since then.

My kids have spent the last 10 years begging for a dog, and we've always replied with a very firm 'no'.

Well...meet the newest member of our family:



He's a stray that we adopted from the pound (with a nice, hefty adoption fee attached!). I swear I feel like I have another child. I have to watch him constantly to make sure he's not into something. I'm hoping things will settle down in a few months, and he'll learn the rules of the house. But in the meantime, if anyone has any tips on how to get a dog to stop chewing on shoes, please share them! He has chew toys, but for some reason would rather chomp on shoes instead.

On the bright side, he does very well with not using our house as a toilet, and for that, I am most grateful!

1 comment:

Carol Burnside aka Annie Rayburn said...

Aw, he's adorable. So... Now that a few months have gone by, has he settled in and calmed down?