Thursday, September 27, 2007

Because I Got High

Last night my family saw the movie Disturbia. #2 son actually chose the movie, but I thought it was pretty good. There’s a song in the movie that got stuck in my head (I hate it when that happens!). So all day, I’ve been singing:

I was gonna clean my room until I got high
I was gonna get up and find the broom but then I got high
My room is still messed up and I know why
cause I got high
cause I got high
cause I got high


This was the only part of the song I knew, and I was sick of just singing the same few lines over and over again, so I looked the lyrics up on the Internet. I figured if I was going to sing it, I might as well sing the whole song.

As I was reading--okay, actually I was singing--the lyrics, I was thinking, This is kind of a depressing song. But maybe it will make kids think twice about lighting up. And since I’m always looking for ways to drive home my don’t do drugs, it will screw up your life message with my kids, I was thinking that discussing this song with them might be a good way to reemphasize the point.

And then I got to this part:

I was gonna make love to you but then I got high
I was gonna eat yo p*ssy too but then I got high
now I'm jacking off and I know why
cause I got high


Oh, my! Well, I sure won’t be discussing that part of the song with them!

If you’re interested in reading the lyrics, you can do that HERE.

No comments: